Re: anyone else been to the presidente lately?

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Escrito por IluvZ/I desde 67.184.52.67 (c-67-184-52-67.hsd1.il.comcast.net) el día miércoles, 27 de abril, 2005 a las 07:42:16 horas :

En respuesta a: Re: anyone else been to the presidente lately? escrito por gloria from green bay desde 207.231.116.113 (tc-gs1-m098.ez-net.com) el día martes, 26 de abril, 2005 a las 23:27:38 horas :

We recently returned (beginning of April) from our 3rd stay at Presidente. I have to comment...the hotel definately could use a makeover - it's showing it's age. Having said that, our room was clean, bug free, always made up by 10:00 am. Staff was outstanding, as usual. Jorge the concierge remembers us always - and will go out of his way to assure a pleasant stay. The food is very average, at best. We choose AI when we travel with young kids as all they want to do is eat and play all day and Presidente does have kid friendly food (hamburger, hot dogs, french fries) and they can eat as much as they like whenever they like. But I disagree about breakfast - there is much more than just fruit - actually 3 restaurants that serve breakfast - 2 buffet (where they will make eggs to order and quesadillas) and 1 order off the menu. The pool/beach restaurant does have more than just hamburgers, hot dogs and nachos - I've had fajitas, baked fish, beef sandwich, ceviche, etc etc. Also the buffet is open for lunch. We ate two dinners on property (we rarely eat dinners on property when we go AI, too many great restaurants to sample). The dinners we had were average and poor - I would not recommend anyone stay at Presidente if they are planning on never leaving and sampling food elsewhere - you will be disappointed. But for us it works. We lounge on the beach (yes, under a palapa which is available) and the wait staff is attentive and always johnny on the spot with gauc and chips and cold drinks for us. We spend some time in Z for shopping, beach walking, eating - that's the beauty of a Z/I vacation...

Just wanted to express my opinion - take it for what it's worth - just my .02!

Follow Ups:

ZIHUATANEJO MEXICO  IXTAPA MEXICO  TRONCONES MEXICO  BARRA DE POTOSI MEXICO