Re: Retirement questions about Zihua

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Escrito por stew desde 69.224.7.238 (adsl-69-224-7-238.dsl.pltn13.pacbell.net) el día martes, 22 de agosto, 2006 a las 23:20:07 horas :

En respuesta a: Retirement questions about Zihua escrito por John Howells desde 63.193.161.14 (adsl-63-193-161-14.dsl.mtry01.pacbell.net) el día martes, 22 de agosto, 2006 a las 22:34:25 horas :

When I moved to the San Francisco Bay area in 1981 many residents were already becoming disgruntled with the growing pains in that area. Housing cost, food entertainment all were raising seemingly out of control. Today it is 100 % more difficult to live in this area with the medium house approaching $700,000, dinner at a basic Mexican Café is around $40 for two & gas is well over $3 a gallon.
As one who already left Puerto Vallarta as it became over run with growth, gringos & all the problems this causes I too see the same coming about in Zihuatanejo especially with the planned development. Real estate, food & general living cost rising at alarming rate. Frankly I no longer am considering (dreaming) of a home in Zihua. If & when Mrs. Stew & I are ready for a year round move to a tropical spot I have come to the conclusion that it will not be Zihua. Possibly Costa Chica or possibly North along the under develop section between Lazaro Cardenas & Manzanillo. Or even one of the smaller communities in mountain Michoacan. For now I will be content with a couple of months in Zihua each winter & my camping in the Trinity Alps in the summer. In any event John D Macdonald through his Alter Ego Travis McGee mused how no matter when we arrive at a community we want it to stay like that not growing or changing. Guy was pretty smart!

Follow Ups:

ZIHUATANEJO MEXICO  IXTAPA MEXICO  TRONCONES MEXICO  BARRA DE POTOSI MEXICO