Re: Ten Top Reasons why we loved the Catalina

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Escrito por Ginger desde 68.252.239.84 (adsl-68-252-239-84.dsl.chcgil.ameritech.net) el día viernes, 23 de abril, 2004 a las 09:00:10 horas :

En respuesta a: Re: Ten Top Reasons why we loved the Catalina escrito por D desde 24.64.223.204 (px2cv.gv.shawcable.net) el día viernes, 23 de abril, 2004 a las 02:39:36 horas :

Yes, the Catalina is very child-friendly. We had our 3 12 year old daughters with us and they loved it. The Catalina's restaurant was their favorite of all the ones we ate at. They also loved the pool, the beach, the views, the balcony hammocks, etc.
There were lots of families with children of all ages there. Our daughters are a bit on the shy side but they instantly felt at home there and within hours, were going all over by themselves - to the pool, to the bar (for lemonades!), to the room, to the beach, etc.
One of their favorite things was having their hair braided by a woman on the beach (about $10 each for the front part of their scalp). This seems to be THE thing to do by all adolescent girls.
Their only complaint was the occasional presence of some lizards in our room and the restaurant. Their squeamishness prevented them from viewing the lizards as "cute" like my husband and I did. I do suppose there are some teenagers who would prefer the air-conditioned, modern Ixtapa places with elevators and TVs. However, the Catalina has an intimate, home-like atmosphere; I felt much better having my daughters there than in some huge high-rise in Ixtapa.

Follow Ups:

ZIHUATANEJO MEXICO  IXTAPA MEXICO  TRONCONES MEXICO  BARRA DE POTOSI MEXICO