Re: Driving from Puerto Vallarta to Zihua

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Escrito por Scott desde 24.103.131.253 (CPE000802d370d8-CM014410115525.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com) el día martes, 04 de mayo, 2004 a las 21:04:48 horas :

En respuesta a: Re: Driving from Puerto Vallarta to Zihua escrito por stew desde 65.147.70.165 (0-1pool70-165.nas45.oakland1.ca.us.da.qwest.net) el día martes, 04 de mayo, 2004 a las 19:47:47 horas :

I drove from Zihuatanejo to Manzanillo once. I remember it as being very nauseating. Mostly because the driver thought he was in a race car. I would be prepared for a long drive, and don't expect to knock of 100km / hour to finish those 735km in just 7 hours. Its a long trip with the heat, winding roads, etc.

It looks wierd on a map, but to get from Manzanillo to Morelia it is faster to take the toll road _north_ to Guadalajara, and bak down to Morelia, then there is also a nice road from Morelia to Zihuatanejo. So if your passengers get car sick easily it might be better to take the Guadalajara - Morelia - Zihuatanejo route, as suggested by someone else. You would definately see a lot more. There is very little development between Manzanillo & Zihuatanejo. I've never been North along the coast towards PV, so I can't speak for that side of Manzanillo. Manzanillo to Zihuatanejo is like 8 hours by bus.

Follow Ups:

ZIHUATANEJO MEXICO  IXTAPA MEXICO  TRONCONES MEXICO  BARRA DE POTOSI MEXICO