Who else has kayaked the lagoon? Barra de Potosi

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Escrito por Laura desde 201.135.207.63 (dsl-201-135-207-63.prod-infinitum.com.mx) el día martes, 24 de agosto, 2004 a las 20:33:13 horas :

En respuesta a: Seeking escrito por Lee@98223 desde 4.178.165.206 (dialup-4.178.165.206.Dial1.Seattle1.Level3.net) el día martes, 24 de agosto, 2004 a las 16:44:36 horas :

I have! I find it incredible, just as wonderful in it's way as the beach. I agree that for excellent detailed information as to the ecology, the bird life, the salt mines, the many mangrove tree-lined canals of the lagoon... Brian is a great source. He is north but he may be able to respond to your email anyway.

Brian when here, works with a local Barra de Potosi guy named Orlando. He keeps his kayaks there and has been training with Orlando as a guide (some english) with some extra ecological and flora and fauna data. He can be found at a restaurant named Que Vuelvan Las Gaviotas. HeŽll rent himself out as a guide for abround $200 pesos... maybe 2 or 3 hours into themore pristine areas. You can also tool around all by yourselves very nicely for an hour or 2 in the canals directly oposite the restaurants... Beautiful! Really worth it. Early morning is best - the birdlife in their feeding activity, it's cooler... gorgeous. The kayaks they rent are excellent... singles and doubles.... lagoon and ocean.

Have fun, wear a hat, take water!
Hasta pronto,
Laura

Follow Ups:

ZIHUATANEJO MEXICO  IXTAPA MEXICO  TRONCONES MEXICO  BARRA DE POTOSI MEXICO