one man's bad experience

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Escrito por the groom desde 66.126.171.83 (adsl-66-126-171-83.dsl.snfc21.pacbell.net) el día martes, 22 de marzo, 2005 a las 12:07:08 horas :

En respuesta a: parasailing w/a speed boat escrito por Jenifer desde 81.129.96.53 (host81-129-96-53.range81-129.btcentralplus.com) el día martes, 22 de marzo, 2005 a las 06:16:02 horas :

2 years ago, my fiance and i were staying on la ropa.

we saw the parasailing, and thought, what the heck?

her flight: perfect with a great landing.

my flight: a little different. the trip around the bay was fine, but upon arrival, i noticed my angle seemed a bit steep. to make a very long story short, apparently the propeller on the boat broke. this caused me to come in at a severe angle. i ended up crashing through the palapa bar of the VDS - literally hanging from my harness a few feet off the ground.

now, a few year later, it makes for a funny story at dinner parties. but had i not come through the palm frond section, i would have hit a support - if that happened, and at the least, i would have broken something. it was pretty scary.

i'm pretty adventurous - skiing, scuba, surfing, etc. but i would NEVER do that again - to many factors that are out of my control.

at the very least, i can throughly recommend the VDS for a cocktail - the staff was very attentive - they brought be a beer for free to calm be down!!! LOL

take care,

the groom

Follow Ups:

ZIHUATANEJO MEXICO  IXTAPA MEXICO  TRONCONES MEXICO  BARRA DE POTOSI MEXICO