Re: Villa Carolina

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Escrito por Paul and Beth desde 67.171.215.230 (c-67-171-215-230.client.comcast.net) el día jueves, 28 de octubre, 2004 a las 00:52:04 horas :

En respuesta a: Villa Carolina escrito por Carla desde 67.166.90.121 (c-67-166-90-121.client.comcast.net) el día miércoles, 27 de octubre, 2004 a las 18:13:46 horas :

Hi Carla:

My wife and I spent the first part of our honeymoon there in July, and it was truly a wonderful place. The staff was beyond accomodating, and were so kind! Tim Conti and Don Miguel made us feel so welcome. The locat1on is great, just a short walk from the beach, and just around the corner from the taxi stop. We stayed in the Master Suite, and felt spoiled beyond belief.

The place is small enough that it has the intimacy of a private home, but with wonderful sense of comfortable luxury. The pool is lovely, and is a quiet sanctuary away from the beach. Room service is very nice, but you MUST try the local restaurants. We had wonderful meals at several places, but our favorite was KauKan just up the road. Our waiter Humberto was incredibly gracious, and they serve a salad to die for (grilled papaya, greens, fruit, and shrimp....YUM!!!), and the view in the evening was splendid. We also enjoyed dinner at Amuleto (the view is SPECTACULAR!!!), and I really loved the seafood cocktail at LaPerla.

Don't limit yourself to just the beach, Zihua is a lovely town, and the citizens are so kind. I had some great conversations with the local taxi drivers. I speak only a few words of Spanish, but I tried my best, and I am sure that it was the source of much humor, but I think they appreciated my efforts and tried even harder to make me feel welcome, so don't hesitate to try.

We plan on returning as soon as we can, and Villa Carolina is at the top of our list. In fact, as I write this I find myself wishing I was back......

Follow Ups:

ZIHUATANEJO MEXICO  IXTAPA MEXICO  TRONCONES MEXICO  BARRA DE POTOSI MEXICO