Re: wedding trip report

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Escrito por the groom desde 64.165.200.82 (adsl-64-165-200-82.dsl.snfc21.pacbell.net) el día lunes, 22 de noviembre, 2004 a las 18:43:37 horas :

En respuesta a: Re: wedding trip report escrito por Canuck desde 66.46.100.162 (?) el día lunes, 22 de noviembre, 2004 a las 18:01:09 horas :

hey canuck,

you'll love saladita: aka - the wave machine, aka the reverse malibu.

basic descr1ption: several hundred yard paddle out to a left point break. this was only my second trip in two years so i don't know the break that well.

last year: 1-3 with 5 guys out. mushy little rollers that went on forever.

this year: head high and a ton of people. a little steeper, a lot faster, with a closeout section - but if you could shoot down the line and get by it, you ended up with with a nice long ride. peaks everywhere. don't know much about the tides there or how they affect the line up. ended up after our session sitting at the palapa restaurant eating a fantastic red snapper next to corky carroll. pretty cool.

don't know if you're bringing your boards. if not, rent from mike at the inn at manzanillo bay. he had a pretty good selection of robert august's - 9"0' to 9"6'. 20 - 25 bucks a day.

enjoy my friend.

i've also heard the ranch, A frames, and the secret spot are faster and better for shorter boards.

Follow Ups:

ZIHUATANEJO MEXICO  IXTAPA MEXICO  TRONCONES MEXICO  BARRA DE POTOSI MEXICO