Re: Distance and driving time from Ixtapa to Manzanillo

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Escrito por Roberto! desde 205.250.205.223 (d205-250-205-223.bchsia.telus.net) el día miércoles, 24 de noviembre, 2004 a las 00:10:50 horas :

En respuesta a: Distance and driving time from Ixtapa to Manzanillo escrito por Lucia desde 201.137.138.253 (dsl-201-137-138-253.prod-infinitum.com.mx) el día martes, 23 de noviembre, 2004 a las 19:58:36 horas :

Hi Lucia;
We just completed the drive from Manzanillo to Zihuatanejo about a month ago.
According to my notes it took us about 81/2 hrs, with minimal stops for fuel and picture taking, to complete the approximately 465 km. drive.
There is about a 110 km stretch of the highway which winds about and a lot of the time our top speed was only 60 kph. We were fortunate that traffic was fairly light that day and we didn’t get hung up behind any slow moving vehicles, however, there were a couple of places we had to come to a complete stop because of donkeys & cattle on the road.
The condition of the road varied – some spots were really rough, others smooth, but generally in good shape. There were also a number of places where rocks/stones had tumbled down onto the highway and those places were generally well marked and signed.
A lot of the vegetation was overhanging or growing right to the edge of the road which made you approach curves to the right (especially in the really windy areas) with caution because a few times there were people walking dogs or livestock along the right edge of the road and you couldn’t spot them until you were almost on top of them. I really appreciated the ABS braking system on those occasions!
I will see if I can get my amigo Curly to post a picture I took during one of our stops en route because the scenery is spectacular.
Regards,
Roberto!

Follow Ups:

ZIHUATANEJO MEXICO  IXTAPA MEXICO  TRONCONES MEXICO  BARRA DE POTOSI MEXICO