Re: Fishing with Captain Vargas

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Escrito por GK desde 4.13.49.135 (wbar6.dal1-4-13-049-135.dsl-verizon.net) el día domingo, 05 de diciembre, 2004 a las 00:02:37 horas :

En respuesta a: Fishing with Captain Vargas escrito por Tom desde 24.9.125.167 (c-24-9-125-167.client.comcast.net) el día viernes, 03 de diciembre, 2004 a las 13:14:18 horas :

I can't speak with any authority about Capt's Marcos or Javier Vargas, but one of my most enjoyable fishing trips in Zihua was this past April when I fished with Capt. Jaime Vargas (Panga Albatros).

I personally caught 5 sails up to 115 lbs, with all but 1 (which was deep hooked and unlikely to survive) successfully photographed and released to fight again.

Capt. Jaime was an excellent host, and an all around great person to fish with. His equipment was first class all the way and he speaks very fluent English. I have fished with several other captains in Zihua, but Capt. Jaime Vargas will be my first choice for any future trips. His rates are also very reasonable. From what I have been told, the entire family is much the same and held in high esteem by the fishing community. If Capt. Jaime is any indication, you can't go wrong with the Vargas family.

GK

Follow Ups:

ZIHUATANEJO MEXICO  IXTAPA MEXICO  TRONCONES MEXICO  BARRA DE POTOSI MEXICO