Snorkeling with children?

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Escrito por Richard desde 66.82.9.20 (dpc6682009020.direcpc.com) el día domingo, 12 de diciembre, 2004 a las 13:36:43 horas :

Great Website!!
Will be In Zihautanejo for ten days over Christmas. We have two little girls 8 yrs and 10 yrs. They can both swim reasonably well. I don't want to travel with snorkeling gear. Is there a place that rents snorkeling gear for children (including vests). We've been to Las Gatas and are aware of that area and I feel it would be a good place to bring the girls, although I'm a bit concerend about the reef being so close to the surface. Is there a part of Las Gatas where the problems of the reef being so close to the surface isn't quite so pronounced? Does anyone have any other suggestions where we can take two small chidren snorkeling? ZihuaRob mentions Manzanillo beach. Would that be good for the kids? If so, what can one expect to pay for a guide to go there and how long a ride is it?
Thanks in advance for your replies

Thanks

Follow Ups:

ZIHUATANEJO MEXICO  IXTAPA MEXICO  TRONCONES MEXICO  BARRA DE POTOSI MEXICO