Las Gatas Beach Club

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Escrito por Rosemary Guzman desde 201.137.6.164 (dsl-201-137-6-164.prod-infinitum.com.mx) el día martes, 17 de mayo, 2005 a las 16:44:04 horas :

A friend and I just returned from a long-weekend at la playa las gatas. We stayed at Owenīs Las Gatas Beach Club and loved it. Iīd read a favorable review in the Lonely Planet guide which described the place accurately as a place for hermit-types. It was very Gilliganīs Island and we absolutely loved it. What was really great is you had easy access to activities if you wanted them (snorkeling trips, boat rides, hikes, or just slopping down margs at any of the many restaurants on the public part of Playa Las Gatas). We chose the more tranquil route of lounging in hammocks, reading the many available books (both in English and Spanish ...depending on what you wanted), and fixing up our own meals which is possible because the bungalows have kitchenettes (talk about saving small fortunes as Zihua is very touristy and this is reflected in its prices). At night, all we heard was the crash of the waves against the rocks. Las Gatas Beach Club was the perfect place to be away from traffic, pollution, crowded streets, and persistent vendors yet with the rustic comfort of cleanliness of a comfy bungalow and a bilingual staff. I canīt return fast enough... thatīs how much I loved it.

Follow Ups:

ZIHUATANEJO MEXICO  IXTAPA MEXICO  TRONCONES MEXICO  BARRA DE POTOSI MEXICO