Re: Ixtapa wheelchair

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Escrito por Don desde 142.177.227.182 (paradyne-142177227182.ns.aliant.net) el día miércoles, 05 de enero, 2005 a las 16:47:58 horas :

En respuesta a: Ixtapa barcelo wheelchair escrito por Sharon desde 144.13.4.202 (c-6860.uwstout.edu) el día miércoles, 05 de enero, 2005 a las 14:50:07 horas :

Hi.....

We have been going to Ixtapa since 1981 and have found Ixtapa very wheelchair friendly (I am in a wheelchair) there are wheelchair ramps in every hotel and if I remember correctly the Barcelo is very accessible. The town and restaurants are mostly accessible with sidewalk ramps all over, (you might have to manoeuver a bit in some places). Some restaurants are not accessible but if its a few small steps the waiters will gladly help lift the wheelchair, if its totally inaccessible well then its their loss

As for the special chair that can be used on the beach I haven't seen one or heard of one but hey if someone knows about a hotel that has one I am willing to change hotels after all these years going at the same one for a month. I have used one in South Carolina but that's it, I would love to go back on the beach for a stroll...

Cheers...... Don

Follow Ups:

ZIHUATANEJO MEXICO  IXTAPA MEXICO  TRONCONES MEXICO  BARRA DE POTOSI MEXICO