Just Returned From Zihua

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Escrito por The Fox desde 24.247.178.218 (24.247.178.218.gha.mi.chartermi.net) el día martes, 25 de enero, 2005 a las 13:36:41 horas :

My wife and I just returned from two weeks in Zihua. I have noticed several questions about cab fares from the airport and tipping. First, cab fare from the airport to Madera was 255 pesos through the airport monopoly. The cab fare from Madera back to the airport was 110 pesos. I tipped the driver going back to the airport 30 pesos (he seemed fine with that amount). I tipped the driver from the airport to Hotel Palacios 15 pesos (he didn't seem to pleased with that amount).

I usually tip between 15 and 20 percent depending on the service. If service is poor I simply do not return to that restaurant or drinking establishment.

I always tip the person that makes up our room at the hotel 20 pesos per day and I give the money directly to the individual who made up the room that day. If there is a doubt I always ask who made up the room so I am somewhat sure the right person is getting the tip.

This was our fifth trip to Zihua and as usual we had a great time. The food, the drink, the weather and especially the people are fantasic.

Follow Ups:

ZIHUATANEJO MEXICO  IXTAPA MEXICO  TRONCONES MEXICO  BARRA DE POTOSI MEXICO