Taxi Mafia Wars

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Escrito por Laura desde 201.135.207.25 (dsl-201-135-207-25.prod-infinitum.com.mx) el día lunes, 07 de marzo, 2005 a las 17:56:08 horas :

En respuesta a: La Barra now has Taxis escrito por ZihuaRob desde 201.138.15.32 (dsl-201-138-15-32.prod-infinitum.com.mx) el día lunes, 07 de marzo, 2005 a las 09:47:22 horas :

Funny you should bring this up. I have recently been fully engaged in this issue and on occasion just short of lucha libre in the street with the local newly established taxi group in La Barra.

The problems are under negotiation now. In my humble opinion, it's a mistake to base a business on the concept of short term gain instead of long term establishment of quality service and workability for all. As this gets sorted through we are having some uncomfortable first starts. I have faith that we will soon arrive at a rate that will be reasonable and fair... and published for all to see.

In the meantime, you should not be paying more than 250 from La Barra to Zihua... perhaps even 200. Tell them Dona Laura told you it would be that... see what happens! They are currently trying to keep me happy and maybe buy off my oposition to too high rates by offering lower rates for my guests. I'm more inclined to oppose the too high rates as long as they are doing this to anybody.

$300 is definitely too much for a rate to Zihua. If all the way to La Brisas in Ixtapa it's not that bad really especially if it's nighttime. Zihua taxis are now charging $200-250 so it seems reasonable that it be the same. You can probably negotiate a ittle lower.

Great to let them know how the people feel! I will pass on this thread to them.

Keep visiting in the meantime.

By the way Stew, you were perhaps visiting on a Sunday in one of the extra busy enramadas. Try midweek at one of the ones facing the lagoon. Plenty of tranquility to be had!

Hasta pronto,
Laura

Follow Ups:

ZIHUATANEJO MEXICO  IXTAPA MEXICO  TRONCONES MEXICO  BARRA DE POTOSI MEXICO