Re: Indignation at Airport Monopoly - update

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Escrito por ZihuaRob desde 189.147.9.171 (dsl-189-147-9-171.prod-infinitum.com.mx) el día jueves, 28 de junio, 2007 a las 09:52:04 horas :

En respuesta a: Indignation at Airport Monopoly escrito por ZihuaRob desde 201.127.103.117 (dsl-201-127-103-117.prod-infinitum.com.mx) el día miércoles, 06 de septiembre, 2006 a las 23:50:49 horas :

Well, the big Spanish-owned restaurant favored by the airport authority got their way and ran off all the smaller restaurants owned by locals that had been there for years, some since the opening of the airport. Now they are trying to run off the small souvenir shop across from their bar because it sells soft drinks, candies and snacks. Then they will have a complete monopoly on all refreshments and edibles in the airport with the exception of a couple of Coke machines (one in the parking lot).

And, as predicted, the prices for food and drinks at the large restaurant and its bar have gone up while the quality of the food and service has gone down.

It's a damn shame to see practices like this at our airport that for years had many delightful, delicious and affordable locally owned snack bars and small restaurants. To me, this represents the problem with development when locals are pushed aside to make way for outsiders who are just here to suck off the teets of the Zihuatanejo cash cow to the detriment of locals.

I will always be opposed to such practices out of my love and respect for the community, wherever they occur.

Follow Ups:

ZIHUATANEJO MEXICO  IXTAPA MEXICO  TRONCONES MEXICO  BARRA DE POTOSI MEXICO