Re: Club Med

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Escrito por Garbanzopapa desde 131.107.0.77 (tide507.microsoft.com) el día lunes, 06 de junio, 2005 a las 19:03:13 horas :

En respuesta a: Club Med escrito por Kerry desde 68.117.42.238 (c68.117.42.238.rose.mn.charter.com) el día sábado, 04 de junio, 2005 a las 11:12:04 horas :

My family had a fantastic time not but 3 weeks ago at Club Med. My 5 "and a half" year old daughter had the time of her life.

By the end of the week my wife and I joked that she had gone "feral" playing with all the other kids in the "Mini Club". That's not to say we didn't spend lots of family time together, but there was plenty of time for her to be with kids and us to be with adults.

There were so many things to do like sailing, kayaking, tennis, archery, laying byt the pool/beach, trapeze, etc.

The food was really good, occasionally excellent. Though after day seven, we were a bit tired of the buffet style.

The rooms were comfortable but not luxurious. Don't expect fancy digs, rooms are for sleeping and not much else. Some might find them a bit spartan but I like a firm mattress. And despite the beachload of sand we carried in each day, every grain was gone after housekeeping came through.

We didn't get out of the club grounds as much as we had planned as I injured my toe during a tennis lesson. I would say there is a strong inertia to overcome for getting out of the club with the all-inclusive stuff, but some of the most fun we had was exploring Zihuat & Isla Ixtapa on our own and not as a club excursion.

While I think we were somewhat isolated from a genuine "Zihuatanejo cultural experience", the Club Med style promotes meeting folks from many different cultures. We ate with folks from Mexico, France, Columbia, Venezuala, Canada, and the States. It was great to hear so many differnent languages getting thrown around.

Now, if you don't have kids, I'm not sure if I would recommend this Club Med. You might be overwhelmed by the constant controlled choas that their focus on families promotes. It was fantastic for us.

Cheers

Follow Ups:

• Tennis? - Bret in Portland 18:05:15 06/07/2005

ZIHUATANEJO MEXICO  IXTAPA MEXICO  TRONCONES MEXICO  BARRA DE POTOSI MEXICO