Trip Report - medium long

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Escrito por Phil in MN desde 67.138.30.226 (67-138-30-226.dsl1.brv.mn.frontiernet.net) el día viernes, 25 de marzo, 2005 a las 16:47:33 horas :

We were in Ixtapa from March 16-23. Stayed at the Radisson this time after two stays at the Dorado. I would say the Dorado is a half step better, but you can usually get much better deals at the Radisson. Only major complaint was that our room was musty smelling. We spent an afternoon at Otilia at Las Gatas and it was as excellent. Paty's and Rossy's at La Ropa, also very good.

Went up to La Escollera one day. There was confusion as the brochure says they open at 11 and it is now 1:00. No one was there, so it was a great place to hang by the infinity pool drink some cervesas and eat some lunch. Food was good. It is a beautiful spot. I heard it is new and I don't know how well it is doing.

Other dinners - Elvira on La Ropa, not as good as we remembered it. El Faro, Excellent- Great Carpaccio. Becco Fino, Excellent. We do most breakfasts at JJ's and once down to Buccanero's, very good.

Fishing - Went small game with Soloman from Otilia "La Gringa" and caught all bonito except 1. He is a class A guy, not sure of his fishing skills. I've been with him twice with similar results.

Overall the area seemed to have been cleaned up quite a bit, even since last year. This is the first time we've been there so close to the holiday and I would avoid it. Fun to see the Mexican tourists, but too much activity for me.

Blue Mamou: was a bit disappointing. Pretty dead that night and "house" band just okay. Did not eat there. I'm glad it's there though.

Golfed three times: Marina course in quite a bit better condition, but both are worth doing.

Looking to stay on La Ropa next time. Let me know your favorite hotels. BTW: Weather was perfect the whole time.

Follow Ups:

ZIHUATANEJO MEXICO  IXTAPA MEXICO  TRONCONES MEXICO  BARRA DE POTOSI MEXICO