Fishing -- the change in ZIH from 98

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Escrito por Dorado1 desde 199.243.54.181 (?) el día viernes, 25 de marzo, 2005 a las 18:47:43 horas :

As I said a new post.

So, let's look at the positive side. Through the catch/tag & release effort we have developed a fishery that world class anglers wish to participate in and do participate in. I remind you that in 1998 I wrote on a couple fishing boards about ZIH only to be told ZIH was not where I wanted to go, it was a killing ground. I found that out when I got there, it was!!

But, things change. The tournament in '99 started it and yes, others have followed. I am happy to see Ixtapa Sportfishing, Ed Kunze of Mar y Tierra/Baja on the Fly (always a supporter), the group from CA in Jan. and local tournaments joining in Catch & Release effort. I am happy to say that ZIH now boasts top tag & release captains worldwide, like #3 for 3 years, #9, #10. Hopefully the new Asociacion de Proteccion para la Pesca Deportiva formed by the sportsfishing captains will be helpful.

Today if you come to the dock with a dead Sail and aren't sporting several "Tag flags" the other captains ballyhoo you!!

Today, on this site, you can find many top captains or more correctly capitans. Not all the best are here, but they are making thier own decisions and that is a plus.

Rob, I hope this is the final burial of the horse.

Paul

Follow Ups:

ZIHUATANEJO MEXICO  IXTAPA MEXICO  TRONCONES MEXICO  BARRA DE POTOSI MEXICO