Trip Report - Vacation in Troncones

[ Follow Ups ] [ Home ] [ Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by DC in Alaska on October 29, 2001 at 23:02:27:

Just a quick note to let the daily readers know of our trip to Troncones. We were there October 4th - 13th. What a wonderful time my husband and I had! We rented Casa Colorida where we enjoyed a beautifully renovated house and a wonderful landscaped flower garden and swimming pool. It's rather hard to explain how beatiful this property is.

This an amazing place to go and relax. We took many walks on the beach and most of the time there was nobody else on the beach except an occasional group of local children. I took lots bubbles to give to them and I had a great time watching them and listening to there squeals of delight.

Gabby, the maid, had freshly made flower displays for us almost everyday. One day she even made a spectacular flower arrangement on our king size bed from the flowers from the garden. She also cooks, so, one night we hired her to cook us dinner. She made Sopas, shrimp caliente, chili rellanos, rice, and enchilatas. (I'm sure I spelled some of those dishes wrong) It was spectacular!

The pool was perfect. We spent many hours around the pool reading, visiting, etc. Almost every night we took a midnight swim where we occasionally saw shooting stars.

We ate at the local restraunts and were never disappointed. The food and service was the best. Of course, we were usually the only ones in the restraunt.

We did venture out to Zihua a couple of times and spent time at the market and on the docks. We met a fishing guide and he took us out for a tour. It was shortened because of a storm. (the only one while were there) However, he was charming and we still had a great time!

Everything about this place was perfect for us. We mostly wanted to simply relax -- and that we did! We were so impressed by how welcomed be felt by the local people, both in Troncones and in Zihua.

I can't wait to go back again!

Follow Ups: