Re: Villa Mexicana--The Truth Revealed

[ Follow Ups ] [ Home ] [ Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by gwen on January 03, 2001 at 09:19:56:

In Reply to: Villa Mexicana--The Truth Revealed posted by Candice on December 27, 2000 at 12:13:02:

Candice, your trip report may be more valuable then you could ever guess for those of us with reservations in place at the Villa Mexicana. FYI, our travel agent booked us this past March through Mexico Unlimited and fortunately we had no problems securing the deluxe ocean view room w/balcony we had reserved. As we are booked again for three weeks at the Villa this March and after reading your trip report, I contacted our travel agent requesting that she do everything possible to assure our long planned vacation would not turn into a nightmare. I faxed a copy of your trip report to her and she has forwarded a copy to Mexico Unlimited and is also contacting the Villa Mexicana directly. All that you said is true in that even if one books through an agent, in Mexico, there are no guarantees of what a person is going to wind up with. It isn't the agent, it isn't the wholesaler but rather just a fact. In saying this I am in no way intending to insult Mexico or the Mexican people. We love it there and plan to return every year. People do need to be aware though that the problems you initially experienced are not uncommon. I, like others, am very happy to have found this "board" and do so appreciate the vast amount of information...hands on stuff...been there done that stuff. Thanks so much. Gwen

Follow Ups: