medical treatment

[ Follow Ups ] [ Home ] [ Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Don In Portland on November 21, 2001 at 10:23:57:

I was in Zihua the first part of October staying in a rented home when I had a very serious accident.I fell from a third floor balcony onto a tile roof and then down about 15 feet into a cement planter.My friends called the manager of the house who got an ambulance,came right over and had me taken to the Hospital De Especialidadeson Av.LaParota Esq.Los Hujes in Zihua.In the fall I broke 5 ribs,punctured my lungs,fractured my shoulder,had a mild concussion and many serious cuts and bruses.The Staff at this hospital was wonderful. Their skill, knowledge and compassion got me thru this with a trust and belief in the ability of everyone there.When I was able to travel the first thing I did when I got home was go to my own Doctor.He was amased at the treatment I had and how everything was as it should have been. My point in writing this note is for two reasons :1st alwasy check out where you are staying if there are possible hazzards - especially with children's safety you can do something about it , adult safety also, the second to thank the staff of the Hospital de Especialidades(they will even find someone who speaks english for you to translate)Don't worry about being so far from home Professional care is right there.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup