Re: Traveling from DF to Taxco to Zihua/Ixtapa. WHAT TO DO?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Home ] [ Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by anita on December 11, 2000 at 17:41:22:

In Reply to: Traveling from DF to Taxco to Zihua/Ixtapa. WHAT TO DO? posted by Mina on December 11, 2000 at 17:40:40:

I am a Troncones girl so am not going to touch on your other questions (don't get out anymore!) but I would definitely TAKE THE BUS NOT rent a car! There are very good buses - just make sure to get a better class, and a direct bus. You'll be able to tell the better classes by comparing prices for the same trip and "directo" means what it says (hopefully).

You'll find your trip much more relaxing and Taxco is a delightful little mountain colonial town. Haven't been up there in about six or seven years so hesitate to recommend places to stay though I used to love the Santa Prisca Hotel right near the Santa Prisca Church (Basilica actually, I think).

You don't mention the dates of your trip but if you're anywhere close to Christmas you'd better already have reservations. Others will have much more information than I.

Congratulations and have a great honeymoon. If you get out to Troncones, come look me up at the Tropic of Cancer Beach Club and spend a few laid-back hours by the pool sipping margaritas or the poison of your choice. Food's good too.

Follow Ups: