DF to Taxco to Zihua/Ixtapa

[ Follow Ups ] [ Home ] [ Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Zihu@Rob on December 11, 2000 at 17:43:16:

In Reply to: Traveling from DF to Taxco to Zihua/Ixtapa. WHAT TO DO? posted by Mina on December 11, 2000 at 17:40:40:

I recommend taking the bus. Leave the driving to the pros and enjoy the scenery on a modern, air conditioned bus that's as comfortable as a jetliner. They don't serve food or drinks, but it's only about 2½ hours or less from D.F. to Taxco.

Here's a good website about Taxco.

www.taxco.com.mx

Be sure to visit "Las Grutas de Cacahuamilpa"!

I like the Hotel Agua Escondida (www.aguaescondida.com)for its location, terrace bar view, service, and restaurant. It's right on the town's main plaza, Plaza Borda, across from the Catedral de Santa Prisca.

In the D.F. I like both the following hotels:

HOTEL MARIA CRISTINA
Río Lerma No. 31
Col. Cuauhtémoc
México, D.F., 06500
Phone (525) 703-1787 566-9688
Fax 566-9194

[Nice rooms. Good restaurant. Immediate taxi service; close to subway, embassies, shopping, many fine hotels and restaurants. Right next to the home and museum of Venustiano Carranza; take the tour! And a very short walk to La Zona Rosa, Mexico City's poshest district.]

and

HOTEL GILLOW
Isabel La Católica No. 17
Col. Centro
México, D.F., 06000
Phone (525) 518-1440 510-0791
Fax 512-2078

[Be SURE to ask for a room on the TOP FLOOR so you'll get a huge terrace with a good view for the same price as any other room; only the top floor has terraces. Nice rooms. Good restaurant. In Mexico's most historic district on the corner of Isabel La Católica and Cinco de Mayo, one block from the Zócalo, el Catedral, and el Palacio Presidencial. Close to subway; instant taxis.]

In Mexico City be sure to visit the Templo Mayor, the Palacio, and the Catedral. You can spend days in Mexico City's Museo de Antropología y Arqueología so you might want to prepare yourself not to see everything if you go there. The community of Coyoacán is only about a 30 minute ride on the Metro where you can visit the homes of Frida Kahlo, Diego Rivera, and Leon Trotsky. Teotihuacán tours can be easily arranged at either hotel.

Follow Ups: