trip report

[ Follow Ups ] [ Home ] [ Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by kim_chicago on January 27, 2001 at 07:32:11:

Just got back the 25th from 1 week at the Qualton. Went with my Hubby, we enjoyed Ixtapa and Zih... Boy, two different worlds so close together. The weather was just perfect. Had wonderful food and shopping in both towns. Our resort was a major disappointment. Food always cold, small run down rooms, staff not as friendly as we have found at other places in Mexico. And the beach is horrible there. But as I said the weather was perfect and we did go to Ixtapa island, that was great! Did a horse back ride on the beach and that was just breath taking (went at sunset time). Even had my ego boosted from Freddie( a guide), he flirted with me the whole trip!! Helped the economy out with all the shopping we did. Had a great meal at Ixtaco Resturant Bar in Ixtapa. Out waiter Santiago was wonderful. Such a nice young man! Enjoyed the Crocs. and the area by the Qualton. One plus for the Qualton is that they have an ecologic center and we saw sea turtles that were 1 day old and ceveral baby and young crocs. I went to that everyday. Have really enjoyed all the Info. I have gotten from this board, really came in helpful while there. Thanks to all. Rob, we missed you, but did she your wifes shop, very nice!

Follow Ups: