Home again, damn.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Home ] [ Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Leigh on January 28, 2001 at 20:20:15:

Back in the rain (Vancouver). But did have three days of sunshine. That was all the room I had in my pockets to bring home, my back pack was full of t-shirts from Zihu.

Got a chance to stop in and see Rob at his internet shop, forgot to ask if Kim had checked in. Didn't bump into her, that I know of. Bumped into Hank from Williams Lake and a lady from Victoria, twice, but didn't get her name. My appologizes to those I said I would visit buy didn't.

Went to Potosi and met Laura but didn't have all my stuff with me. Got home and still can't find the crayons and pencils that I had bought to take down. Well, next time.

And there will be a next time. Never had such a great time. Got to meet scads of Mexicans. Not as many single ones as I would have liked but was invited into homes for lunches and suppers and made many new friends whom I will be in touch with by e, and snail, mail.

Now I am busy, bought a new scanner and trying to get it to work, sorting slides. Will post them on my website and let you know when they are there. In 14 days I shot 12 1/2 rolls. Zihu, Playa Linda, Playa Larga, Playa Gatas, Soledad de Michel, Playa Sabalita, Los Achortes, Petatlan.

My legs are still sore from all the walking, swimming, scuba diving, and dancing. Oh yeah, I did Senor Frog's and Tequila Town. Strange thing is, I only got sunburned in two stripes, between the straps of my sandals, on the top of my feet, the rest of me is still white. First time in my life I wore sandals. My friends also talked me into buying shorts.

Wish I was still there and counting the days until I get back. It was everything that all you folks who post on this board said it was, and more.

Follow Ups: