Our stay at Casa Hueso

[ Follow Ups ] [ Home ] [ Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Marty in Colorado on January 29, 2001 at 18:06:21:

This year, Betty and I stayed at Casa Hueso. I highly recommend it to anyone that is looking for a place that has two bedrooms, kitchen and a very large outdoor covered terrace with a great view of Playa La Ropa as well as downtown Zihua. I spent a lot of time just lying in one of the two hammocks gazing down on the beach and the city. The view itself is worth it.

The Ibarra family who also owns La Perla Restaurant owns Casa Hueso. Francisco Ibarra did an excellent job making sure we were happy. He was always asking if there was something else we desired. The property is very well maintained. I saw the gardener working about every day doing something to manicure the area. Francisco’s on-site staff(maids, Security, Gardener, etc.) are very friendly and helpful. We made new friends with Sandra, Lucas, and Philippe.

Casa Hueso is on the hill at the far end of Playa La Ropa above La Gaviota restaurant. There is much foliage surrounding the property that attracts many types of birds. Mornings and evenings we had hummingbirds buzzing around. And yes, there are the occasional Burros and roosters that can be heard.

Francisco also has a fine supply of Cuban Cigars at the restaurant. A friend of mine that was staying with us tried one with me. I can now see why people prefer the Cubans.

Thanks go to Francisco and the Ibarra Family.

Follow Ups: