Re: Gay Community in Z?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Home ] [ Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Zihu@Rob on February 01, 2001 at 06:44:03:

In Reply to: Gay Community in Z? posted by MrB Palm Springs, CA on January 31, 2001 at 16:59:21:

Zihuatanejo's gay community is not a separate entity of our overall community but rather an integral part of it. Much in the same way that no significant distinction is made between skin color, so is the attitude towards sexual orientation. To each their own. Ours is a very tolerant society, and gay people will find the general attitude in Mexico less polemic than what they might be accustomed to.

We don't really have any gay bars or hangouts because our gay neighbors move in the same social circles as everyone. Transvestite shows, for example, are common and frequented by gays and straights alike. But what matters most among Mexicans is the quality of one's heart, not one's sexual preferences.

So come enjoy our paradise without reservation (and I ain't talkin' hotel). You'll find no discrimination from the Mexicans, though I can't speak for your fellow tourists. Hopefully you will run into some of our gay neighbors who can better orient you than I as to what might be fun for you to do here regarding gay social life.

Follow Ups: