Re: Bungalows Sotelo

[ Follow Ups ] [ Home ] [ Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brian from Portland on February 01, 2001 at 12:49:35:

In Reply to: Bungalows Sotelo posted by Gary, Coeur d'Alene,Idaho on January 31, 2001 at 07:00:49:

Hi Gary. Sorry but I haven't stayed there but I did do a quick walk-through of one of the units in early January. It appeared to be in average condition, not particularly updated but in fine shape. Most of the properties in that area and in that price category are similarily furnished and updated. The units are stacked up on each other from the beach. The patios are large but if you get one of the lower units you will have people looking down at you. There appeared to be hot tubs on some of the patios, however there was no water in them. I believe there are a few palm trees between the units and the bay so the view is partially obstructed by the trees. That is not to suggest that the view isn't wonderful. The beach in front of the units is clean and largely unused during the week. The location is wonderful, close enough to town so if you like to walk into town to eat a couple times a day you only have a 5 minute or so walk. My experience with three places in this area and price range is that the hot water takes a while to heat up, however remember a cool shower in Zihua is much nicer than a cool one during a Idaho winter. If the units have a/c they will probably be older ones that are pretty loud. I think you will be satisfied with Sotelo as long as your expectations aren't too great. E-mail me if you want more information.

Follow Ups: