Villa Mexicana Report

[ Follow Ups ] [ Home ] [ Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Connie on February 01, 2001 at 18:59:21:

We just returned from 8 days at the Villa and it was great. I had emailed the hotel and asked for a remodeled room and they responded that they would try but they could not promise it. We stayed in a remodeled room that was oceanfront. It was really nice. What a difference from my stay 5 years ago, the room was pretty and we had a balcony with a table and chairs. The bathroom was new tile and the shower worked fine.
The location of the hotel is just phenomenal. The people are nice and they really keep the grounds nice. I did overhear some people saying that they wish their rooms were nicer but they really liked the location. I think if you get in a room that has not been remodeled maybe with some persistance they will change the room to a better room. It seemed alot quieter in La ropa than it was 5 years ago but there were enough people around. We really met some interesting people. We really relaxed. We went to Zihua only twice. We did golf 2 times and the hotel gives a 205 discount for the course. We went fishing and my hushand caught a large Mahi Mahi.We used a guy named Santos who sometimes walks on the beach, he really worked hard and we stayed out for about 7 hours, it was a fun day. Our only compaint is that the vacation was not long enough and we plan to return for 2 weeks next year. Connie

Follow Ups: