Trip Report

[ Follow Ups ] [ Home ] [ Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Elizabeth on February 21, 2001 at 06:24:23:

I am so glad this board is back up!! It went down right before we were leaving on our trip :( Had a fabulous time though!! Hope this is not too boring for you folks . . .

My husband and I arrived in Ixtapa Thursday afternoon and were thrilled with the glorious weather. My husband has been going down for 20 years (don't worry, he is only 32) and we have been going down together for the past 6 and we both agree February is the best month weather-wise. We took a cab to our condo, threw our bags down and jumped in the safari to go grocery shopping. Lo and behold the yellow safari did not want to cooperate and we were stranded at the supermercado in Ixtapa. Some very nice locals tried everything to get the car started, but it did not want to go anywhere. Took a cab back to the condo and called Thrifty. Pro, they delivered the car- con, the Nissan Tsuru was $90 a day!!! DO NOT RENT A CAR IF YOU DO NOT HAVE TOO!!!! Luckily there are cabs everywhere and if you are staying at a hotel there is no problem-

We went to Al Cilantro for a divine dinner Thursday evening. Gaby is a fabulous chef and she and her husband are such gracious hosts. Highly recommend the spring rolls and the cucumber and octopus sald. Yummy!!

Woke up to a beautiful morning on Friday and spent the day in Zihuatanejo lounging at La Perla. Antonio is always our waiter and makes our visits most enjoyable!! Pina Coladas and Mecheladas are the staple! We left around 2:30 to go pick up our friends who were arriving at the airport. They stayed at the Krystal in Ixtapa and were pleased with the accomodations- no complaints. Friday evening we hosted a little soiree on the patio to enjoy the sunset and dined at Beccofinos in the marina. My husband's margaritas put everyone in a good mood (except me, I am 5 months pregnant) and the food was raved about. We went back to the Krystal where our friends took turns at the microphone serenading the lobby bar! Oh, well- they were having a good time.

Saturday was spent at La Perla as well and Saturday evening we had a divine meal at Kau Kan. It really is a beautiful spot to watch the sun set. After the sun goes down, it shows off the tranquility of Zihuatanejo below with all of its twinkling lights :)

The boys went fishing aboard the "La Bamba" on Sunday and came home with one sailfish. They were all up until the wee hours the night before, so I don't think they felt as well as they could have :) The only problem was that they wanted the fish released and the fish was killed. They did not feel that the effort was really made to revive the fish after the fight. Otherwise, they had a great time. The girls spent the day at La Perla once again and took turns getting spa treatments at the beautiful Villa del Sol. Everyone was pooped Sunday night, so we enjoyed a casual dinner in Zihuatenejo at a great restaurant I can't remember the name of :) Wonderful tacos al pastor though!!

Monday we had the most delicious breakfast at Tamales y Atole Any which happens to be my husband's favorite haunt. When we arrived they were closed and my husband begged the cooks to let us in. They were too kind and did and we were treated to the best chilaquiles, quesadillas, guacamole and pozole. We then wandered down the street and did some shopping. We all bought some beautiful things at Lupita's. I think I can actually use some blouses as maternity wear. We then drove everyone back to Playa Linda to take a gander at the crocodiles and then home to pack-

Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful time as always. Very sad to leave, but will be back after new addition to the family arrives.

Follow Ups: