Trip Report 1st Timers Eyes

[ Follow Ups ] [ Home ] [ Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mark Bachler on February 21, 2001 at 18:31:58:

My wife Jayne and I have been married 22 years and had never had a honeymoon. Our daughter is in college and the time just seemed right. Besides after 22 years our once hot passion had cooled off and ture love had become "getting along fine".
We are both avid fisherpeople and I always wanted to catch a sailfish. I started looking down the east coast of Mexico but there were too many people, mostly our daughters age. I looked down the Pacific Coast till I stumbled accross the Zihua web site. I found the Hotel Paraiso Real on La Roppa beach. It looked so good. Right on the beach, the croc's, no children under 12, so I booked a room. We were a little worried because we had never been to Mexico before and knew almost no Spanish at all.I made up a small crib sheet with the basics. Our hearts were racing as we stepped off the plane. The heat, the palm trees, the guards with guns, we weren't in Wisconsin any more. I saw the other Mexico for the first time from the window of the taxi. Not the Ixtapa dream but just the way things are. The Hotel Paraiso Real was everything I had hoped it would be. A quiet rustic very clean honeymoon room on the beach. Oh yea this will work! Margot & Jaun the hosts were fantastic. Alissio, keeper of the drinks was a hoot. Everything down to the flower petal pictures the cleanning girl left on the bed each day was excellent. Ok Ok I'll just hit the highlights now. The food,drinks,and postcard sunsets at La Perla, Puesta del Sol & Patty's Mar y mars. Each of us catching sailfish on Jaynes birthday. Meeting Laura at La Barra de Potosi (what a fine lady with a very big heart). Finally finding Rob the wizzard behind the curtain. Walking hand in hand with Jayne down La Roppa Beach after sunset. We fell deeply in love with Zihua, the wonderful people there, and each other. So if there is anyone reading this who like us have never been anywhere before, don't worry. In paradise like heaven all is good.

Follow Ups: