Re: Villa Carolina

[ Follow Ups ] [ Home ] [ Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Bonnie on February 23, 2001 at 09:45:22:

In Reply to: Villa Carolina posted by Debbie in Oregon on February 22, 2001 at 15:16:36:

Hi Debbie-

Originally we were going to stay at Villa Carolina which looked gorgeous on the web site. We changed our minds mainly because we were worried about feeling too isolated. We were told that for the first night there, we would be the only guests. There are only 6 suites, and the other nights had bookings. Anyway, we are people watchers so we thought we wanted something livlier...at least some place which had people watching opportunities if we wanted that. We chose the Barcelo in Ixtapa and were very happy with that choice...

Anyway, we decided to go have a look at Villa Carolina during our trip...and I have to say, it is completely beautiful. It turns out we went on a day when no one way staying there and they were cleaning the place from top to bottom preparing for a new group to come in. It is simply a gorgeous multi-floored traditional mexican villa structure,the rooms are huge, soothing, appointed with lovely textiles,comfy furniture...some (the upstairs master suites) had stunning views of the bay). One thing to note is that it is not on the beach. It is actually about a 5 minute walk down a hill to the beach. It looks like a great place to go with a group and to rent the whole place.

Anyway, I'll be interested to hear your reaction if you stay there. And the beach, by the way, -- La Ropa-- was a favorite of all the places I saw in Ixtapa and Zihua.

Bonnie

Follow Ups: