Re: Bus service from M,anzinillo to Zihua

[ Follow Ups ] [ Home ] [ Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Steve In Idaho on February 26, 2001 at 18:23:26:

In Reply to: Bus service from M,anzinillo to Zihua posted by Martin from Calgary on February 25, 2001 at 08:15:12:

Hi , I posted a story on the old board that did not go through to this one> My wife and I Have taken the bus from Manzinillo to Zihu. Only the Premera Bus runs with out a stop over in Lasero Cardenas. The other buses will not even set up your conections for you you must do it when you get to Lasero (not the best Idea). The Premera bus is supposed to run 2 times a day Morning about 5am and afternoon about 1pm You must make your reervation the day before. We did for the 5am bus but when we arrived at 4.45am we could not find the bus , after a search I found the driver sleeping under the ticket counter and had to wake him up . He said there wern't enough people so he canceled the morning bus for us to come back at 1pm. We came back at 1pm but the bus did not leave until 2pm. We were told that the trip would take 6hr, 8hr and 10hr by three diferent people (it should take about 9 ) it took us over 12 hr there was road construction and a detuor,the driver could not find the bus station in one town and we had minor bus problems. The good parts were we got to see some interesting country and one of the movies (vcr and small tv) was the Beverly Hillbillies in Spanish, Granny was great ! This was two years ago and the cost was around $18us each. We were very tired when we arrived late at night in Zihu. This was one of lifes experiences, I love life , Mexico and it's people but I am flying March 21 and not taking the bus. Steve not much time left in Idaho!!!!

Follow Ups: