Trip Report - Playa Calli

[ Follow Ups ] [ Home ] [ Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Theresa on February 28, 2001 at 19:06:59:

After having two return trips to Zihuatanejo cancelled by my travelling companion, having a REAL BIG need for a vacation and having become hopelessly addicted to this board I decided to come for a week by myself. I saw a trip report by a couple who had booked a few days at Playa Calli and ended up extending their trip there for another week. Looked at the web site and knew I wanted to check it out (plus the concept of being met at the airport when you are travelling alone sounded alluring.)
It was more than Paradise! I decided I wanted to stay within the first half hour. And so I did for a week.
This Bed and Breakfast is perfect if you need the kind of vacation where you want to do nothing but where everything is taken care of for you, the food cooked by Bernie Wittstock is fresh and extraordinary, and the whole property is gorgeous!
What did I do for a week? I felt the warm sea breeze on my skin, I watched the changing shadows from the palm fronds, I let my cares go to the sound of the ocean, I swam in the pool, lounged on my lounge chair (definitly not necessary to reserve one here), walked the 10 mile long beach sometimes seeing noone else, swam in the ocean (incredibly swimmable- no big surf and I met two groups of people who saw dolphins swimming close to shore and were able to swim out with them), walked into Barra de Potosi sometimes on the road, sometimes on the beach early in the morning because it is HOT once you are not under those palm fronds to explore the village and the lagoon.
Twice I went into Zihua, once with Bernie on a shopping trip and once with his sister to visit someone at Playa de La Ropa. Almost had a twinge of Zihua-wanting but not this trip, just enough to know I'll be back real soon.
Playa Calli is aesthetically beautiful indoors and out, there are art treasures hidden everywhere, and has to be the biggest bang for the buck I've ever had in a life styles of the Rich and Famous kind of way. There are four rooms $45/night single, $60/night double (including breakfast) and with advance notice Bernie serves dinner for 85 pesos (Each one was a treat and I ate there every night as did the other guests at the time).I had the most perfect week for under $500 dollars and got driven back to the airport!
I know this is not an action packed trip report but maybe it will be just what someone is looking for.

Follow Ups: