Short trip/fishing report

[ Follow Ups ] [ Home ] [ Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mark on March 08, 2001 at 19:46:45:

My wife Charlene and I were in the area the last week of February through March 3. We stayed at the Riveria but spent a great deal of time wandering around in Zihu.

We have stayed in Cabo and Cancun; Ixtapa/Zihu is without question a nicer place to be as far as we are concerned. Charlene loves to snorkel and to be honest, Zihu falls short of other places we have been. But, overall we loved our vacation and will definitely go back.

Now, for the main reason I want to post this report. I love to sportfish and Charlene is nice enough to let me go even though she is not interested. We did not book ahead and simply went to the pier early in the trip. We met a man named German Magana who owns and operates the panga Bacalao. German speaks fantastic english but was patient with my attempts to learn some Spanish. I went offshore two days with German and he worked his tail off to find fish. Both days we found them late and caught 2 sails the first day and 4 the next. I highly recommend German for both his fishing expertise and his fantastic attitude. His number is 554-2056.
He will make every effort to revive and release your sailfish so be sure to ask him to do so.

Wonderful place and we will be back next year; (two weeks according to Charlene)

Follow Ups: