Re: Casa Que Canta

[ Follow Ups ] [ Home ] [ Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by cara on March 12, 2001 at 10:52:00:

In Reply to: Casa Que Canta posted by Scott on March 11, 2001 at 08:30:20:

Scott, I have not stayed overnight at either hotel, but when we went to Zihua my fiance and I ate at both hotels, and asked to see suites at both hotels. If beach access and a social atmosphere is most important to you, pick VDS. I did not see a standard room but based on the layout of the hotel, I'm sure you'll be in one of the inner courtyards -- darker (so cooler) but no views. Don't know about the noise factor. I found the food at VDS bland (except for the frozen cappucino!) for the price, especially dinner. I would not eat dinner there again, although I would go back to their breakfast buffet. The service is excellent. Casa Que Canta is much quieter, the rooms are larger and more private, and the food is much much better. You can walk down to the beach from CQC, but they have no palapas or chairs. VDS has a more social feeling to it, since people walk up from the beach to eat breakfast, get drinks, etc, while at CQC it feels VERY private -- no one but guests allowed for breakfast and lunch, so no "walk-ins." You might find that romantic, or it might be too quiet . . . but you can always venture down the beach, find a palapa at one of the restaurants, and set up camp for the day if you want more action!

Follow Ups: