Trip report

[ Follow Ups ] [ Home ] [ Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kelly - Minn. on March 24, 2001 at 16:41:04:

4 of us spent 4 days in the area and cannot say enough about it. A wonderful get away and we will return. The Krystal was great. We never had a problem finding a poolside lounge or beach Polapa (not sure of the spelling there). The food as always in Mexico was great. The restaurant in Zi-watt was awesome. Had lobster and raw tuna appetizer. Fabulous. We fished with Ed Kunz and Ruban on the Intruza on Thursday. Despite not catching we saw alot. 6 sails, 3 whales, some tuna, some porpoise and a shark. Ed and Ruban never stopped trying and the comfort of the boat was great. I will do it again. We bought some nice things in Zi-Watt. The evenings in town where lively and fun. Always ask the price, especially for flowers. before you give them to your ladies. One night I asked and got two roses for 30 Paso. The next I did not ask and the gentleman (I use that loosely) wanted 200 paso for 4 roses. I gave him 70. But he had a talk with the bartender and our bill for the drinks seemed a little high. Oh well. The taxis are the same. Make sure of the price. But these are minor in comparison to the trip. An awesome time and place. We will go back.

Follow Ups: