trip report

[ Follow Ups ] [ Home ] [ Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by bobbi on March 30, 2001 at 12:45:15:

well, hum about all i can say is well. it's tough having to come back to snow! but the trip, it was a great two weeks. our condo was the best. two bedrooms (one with a king size bed, the second with two single beds), a fully equipped kitchen, a very nice living room and two balconies, both with ocean views. judy from minnesota found this for us, contact her and she will set you up i am sure.

we spent most of our time on the beaches just relaxing. we did make a trip to ixtapa island and one to petatlan. ixtapa island is a very relaxing place where you can snorkel, eat drink...what more could you want? at petatlan we went to the church. the minute i walked into the church a feeling of peace came over me. i could have spent hours there. just thinkg about it now gives me a peaceful feeling. in my opinion, the church is a must see. we took both of our trips with the fellas on the beach wearing sinal guide shirts. we were pleased with the service that they provided and would recommend them.

we went fishing with a guide that judy recommended to us. not only was it a great day on the water but we caught two sailfish. the first that my husband and son have ever caught. needless to say is was an experience. the captain of the boat knows what he is looking for and usually seems to find it.

we did spend some time wondering around zihua, it has some of the best places to eat ever. didnt get a chance to meet rob, well, i guess we were never in town at the right time. so rob, next time we'll make a point of getting together with you.

we walked past the casa zihua (our original place to stay) and many thanks to judy for finding us alternate accomodations. she was right in thinking that ixtapa was a better choice for us as we had my mom and aunt along who would have had a real tough time with the stairs almost anywhere in zihua.

the beach in ixtapa is one of the best i have ever seen. it has the combination of the clean sand, blue water and rolling, many times crashing, waves. we spent most of our trip right there, on the beach watching the waves. one of our last days we hit the lottery. we spent the entire day watching whales and dolphins not far out. at one point the dolphins were quite close in fact. the whales were having fun splashing their tales for what seemed like hours at a time. it just cant be beat.

thanks to judy from minnesota and all on this board for helping us with our great trip.

bobbi

Follow Ups: