Re: villa mexicana zihuatenejo

[ Follow Ups ] [ Home ] [ Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mike Mary on March 31, 2001 at 17:33:37:

In Reply to: villa mexicana zihuatenejo posted by steve mccormack on March 31, 2001 at 16:07:20:

Steve,
We just returned from a stay at Villa Mexicana from February 10-17. Villa Mexicana is an excellent value for the money. Try to make sure that you get a room facing the ocean. There are several outstanding restaurants/bars (we liked Elvira's the best!) within easy walking distance either direction down the beach. I think you'll find that Playa la Ropa is the best beach around town. My only negative was that the beds were extremely hard and somewhat uncomfortable for my back. But that's what the warm waters of the bay are for! Although we never tried it, we were told that you should be able to walk to the central business district from VM in about 20-30 minutes but be prepared to go up an down a few steep hills on the way. We thought it made more sense to just use a taxi as the fares are fixed at 20 pesos (about $2.00) one way and you get there five times as fast. If you are going there in June, you may also want to take the heat index into account as it can get quite warm even in February when we were there.

Have a Great Time.... We'll be going back again next year!

Mike and Mary

Follow Ups: