Re: Pacifica Club Resort

[ Follow Ups ] [ Home ] [ Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by KL in Oregon on April 03, 2001 at 13:13:09:

In Reply to: Pacifica Club Resort posted by Debbie on April 02, 2001 at 22:00:44:

My wife and I just returned from a week at the Pacifica. We normally go twice a year, in March and over Thanksgiving (at least until we retire) We have been coming to Ixtapa for the past 6 years after trying most of the other resort areas in Mexico. I/Z is a perfect mix of new and old, and allows you to do absolutely noting or to be as adventurous as you want.
Pacifica is built on the side of a cliff. It consists of a number of buildings, most of which have 3-4 units per floor. There are 3 sets of units, Golf, Club and Sands. I have been in both the Club and Sands, but have not been in Golf, which has mountain and golf course view.

The views from both Club and Sands are of the entire beach and bay. Most of the advertising pictures of Ixtapa are taken from the top of the Pacifica.

There are several size of units from Junior Suites
to ones sleeping 8. All have kitchens, A/C and balconies. Many have jacuzzi units on the baslcony, but not all. If you want one with a tub you need to ask.

The staff is incredibly accomodating if you take your time. Attempting to speak Spanish will get you a long ways.

There are two restaurants on property, El Faro, at the top of the hill has fantastic sunset and nighttime views of Ixtapa. Service vareis but overall is very good. My wife thinks the duck is "to die for" and the filet with goat cheese is one of my favorites. They do a very nice ceasar salad at the table as well as flaming deserts. Weekends are crowded and you should get reservations early.
The beach resort is now called Tulipanes and is a good bach front place to eat. They usually have buffets for breakfast and during the week.

The resort appears to be constantly upgrading. They have planted a number of palms along the beach and because Pacifica is at the end of the beach, it tends to be much quieter than the Hotels in the middle of the Beach. One of our criteria for beaches is the ability to run barefoot, and Playa El Palmar give you 2 1/2 miles of some of the cleanest, sugar sand that you will ever find.

You should be aware that if you come in on Saturdays, that the tram shuts down until 3PM for maintenance, but they provide transportation in the form of pickup trucks with seats in the back.

If you are not in good shape t there are 248 steps from the beach to the top of Pacifica which will cause your thighs to burn for the first few days.

I'll try to do a full trip report in the next few days, but no matter what you will enjoy your time in I/Z.

If you have specific questions, feel free to Email me directly.

And a BIG BIG thank you to Rob for provbiding this forum. By far and away the most informative of any I have found in any area.

Follow Ups: