trip report

[ Follow Ups ] [ Home ] [ Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by KL from MN on April 04, 2001 at 09:19:23:

I went to Ixtapa last week and the weather was gorgeous! I had the most relaxing 7 days of my life. I went with one girlfriend and all we did was lay out during the morning/afternoons and go out at night. Although I must say the nightlife is not that great there. We tried to hang out at Senor Frogs a couple nights, but the crowd was SO young! (We are talking like 13-15 yr olds!) But we did like Carlos N Charlie’s more. We stayed at the Aristos Hotel…it was fine. It is the oldest hotel there, so we did run into some problems. But we were not there that much so it did not really matter. I did find that most people stuck to their own hotels more. We did take a couple of trips to Zihua and went to the market. We ate at a restaurant called Paul’s and had really good dill shrimp. We also went to a restaurant with a beautiful view…I think it was Villa de la Selva or something like that. We went to Ixtapa Island a couple of times to snorkel and sea kayak. We attempted to go on a fishing boat, but the waves were so huge both my friend and I were seasick and hanging off both sides of the boat. (Not a good time.) But overall, we had a wonderful trip and I am sad that we are back. I am too used to 90 degree, perfect weather now. Overall, I had a great time! I would love to go back there!

Follow Ups: