Re: Dorado Pacifico

[ Follow Ups ] [ Home ] [ Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by BK from MN on April 10, 2001 at 19:10:55:

In Reply to: Dorado Pacifico posted by Joe on April 03, 2001 at 13:16:33:

Joe--

My wife and I just got back last Thursday...7 days of pure fun at the Dorado Pacifico. We went with another couple and were all most impressed with everybody and everything the hotel had to offer. Very outgoing staff, ready to please, and they genuinely like their guests.

As for the rooms...here's a tip...don't take a room number that ends in 01-06 or 22-27. For example, we stayed in 1605 and we faced the ocean (all of their rooms do!), but it wasn't the greatest view. Something like 1412 would be great...not sure if they'll be able to accommodate though (I did write this in my journal for our return trip, however).

We ate at the Dorado's outside restaurant during the day (great fajitas, nachos, and if you're in the mood for a good old-fashioned burger, they can accommodate), but that was it.

We tried a couple restaurants near the marina...one was called Entresol and had the best service of any restaurant in either Zihua or Ixtapa..a bit pricey ($60 per couple), but worth it. Skip Beccofino...overpriced and overhyped.

During the day, the Dorado always has some activities going on around the pool (volleyball, walking on water), but even when that's not happening, the sound of the surf is hypnotic, and there's a kick-ass swim-up bar that occupied our time when we were looking a little pinkish.

Overall, a great time...you'll love it.

Follow Ups: