Troncones Trip Report

[ Follow Ups ] [ Home ] [ Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jules in Portland on April 11, 2001 at 11:50:22:

Just got back from 5 days in Troncones, can I just say one word "heaven". I loved walking home with the full moon as my streetlight and seeing my shadow, seeing burro's from a distance and thinking they were people riding their bikes at night. The sound of our neighborhood rooster crowing at all hours of the day and night (easy to get used to after the first day). The beauty of lying in the hammock, listening to the surf, reading a book, watching the sun setting through the coconut trees. The food, the people, the sand. I want to go back! Go there, you will love it. Stayed at the Inn at Manzanillo Bay, very nice place with a pool and great restaurant, reasonably priced. Ate at Maria's, Eden, Tropic of Cancer, Burro Burracho, La Gaviota, Playa Kandahar, they were all great. Looked at the rooms at Casa Ki and Casa Delfin Sonriento, would stay at both places. Playa Kandahar had the nicest bartender, great pool, great sopes (watch out, they put chicken on them :)) We rented bikes one day and rode around, would suggest a car if you're there, easier to get around. They do have a taxi service but it shuts down at 9pm. Was disappointed that passing cars at night did not stop to pick us up, but made for interesting walks home. One night a neighborhood dog walked us all the way home and came back to visit the next day. It was a great trip and we'll definitely be back. Will write my Zihua trip report soon... Thanks to all for their input in this board

Follow Ups: