trip report

[ Follow Ups ] [ Home ] [ Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by margie on June 02, 2001 at 14:31:32:

We went to Zihua May 8 for seven days and this is the best vacation I ever had! We wanted a place right on the beach and we got it!
Gloria Maria's bungalows are really great if you want your own spot with the option to cook or eat out. The approach to this property is a bit off-putting,with the faded signs and dirt road. Also, once the taxi delivered us there was no one there to greet us and no office for checking in. But this being Mexico, we weren't too alarmed. Elmendra, whom we booked with showed up as we walked toward the beach and immediately gave us keys to our place. There were many palapas and beach chairs and lounges to choose from. Although these are not padded like Villa del Sol's, we were only paying $100.00 a day. I would definitely go back here. I don't particularly like big hotels, so this place works for me. And the three other friends that came with us fell in love with it too.

La Ropa Beach is the best! There are restaurants p and down the beach in every price range and the food at most of them is great. We had a wonderful breakfast at Villa del Sol and "Orlando" margaritas in the evening. We had a special treat at La Gaviota restaurant. My husband ordered the red snapper and when it was served everyone gasped. it was the whole fish, (cleaned and skinned of course) covered with red,yellow and green pepper slices, and bits of fruit and onions. It was delicious! The five of us all had some and took the rest to our bungalow for fish tacos later that evening. We made them with tortillas that we bought at the Mercado Central.

We went into town a couple of times, had lunch at one of the little places on Pescador, and did some shopping, but I could easily have stayed right on La Ropa for the seven days. I had my books, my husband brought the blender - what more do you need?

Thanks, Rob, for all your info. You and your mom were both very helpful.

Follow Ups: