Re: melia azul or westin brisas?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Home ] [ Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by liz on June 05, 2001 at 02:20:45:

In Reply to: melia azul or westin brisas? posted by tc on May 28, 2001 at 17:55:27:

We just came from our honeymoon at the Melia. The hotel was very nice and clean. We found the staff to be very helpful and very nice. Our travel agent had indicated that it was our honeymoon and we had champaign on ice and fresh fruit in our room when we arrived. Fresh flowers were arranged on our bed every day. All of the rooms are ocean view some have balconies and some don't. We had one and found it to be very nice to sit and read in the morning or in the evenings. The beach I guess wasn't that great looking, we never really even spent any time there. They have a wonderful pool area. We went to the island and ejoyed the beach there. When researching the hotel on this site, all of the responses said that you had to go down to the pool first thing in the morning in order to get a chair by the pool. Apparently we were there during the slow season (from April to May), and getting a chair or waiting to eat were never a problem. It was quite nice. The food was not the greatest in the world, but hey its free and you don't have to worry about finding something to eat. There were shows every night in an outdoor theater, which were very good. They have activites all day going on, you can paint those neat little Mexican plates down by the pool area, which kind of gives you something to do when the sun gets hot and you just have to get out of it for a little while. If we go back to Ixtapa I would stay there again. If you have any other questions about the Melia please feel free to email me back.

Follow Ups: