Trip report, Villa del Sol & slide show

[ Follow Ups ] [ Home ] [ Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Bob in Phoenix on June 22, 2001 at 11:13:29:

Hello, all:

My wife and I spent from May 6 to May 13 in Zihua. I've been lurking for the past year, and have taken quite a bit of useful information from this board, so I figured the least I can do is give something back. My report (with photos) is at the link below. It won't be nearly as detailed (or as eloquent) as some others, but maybe someone can get some good out of it. It's got a lot of stuff about Villa del Sol, for those who are interested.

And naturally, everything here is IMHO. Sorry to take so long to post, but I had to sort through the photos and pick some to scan in. Please let me know if you have any trouble with the link, or if you see anything inaccurate and I can change it. Otherwise, enjoy; I'll leave the stuff up there for awhile.

Most everything I have read on this board (and on Rob's website) proved to be accurate and insightful. I got information on everything from hotels to currency to taxis to the city and the people, and most of it was dead-nuts on target. This board shows the best of what the Internet can be: The exchange of information among what is literally a multinational community, regardless of the "free-speech" pissing matches that erupt from time to time. The most you can hope for is a benevolent dictatorship (hey, someone's gotta be the sheriff), and Rob does a great job. If others don't like it, they can ignore it or start their own bulletin board. This, too, is the beauty of the Internet -- no one owns it.

Thank you, thank you, thank you to Rob and to everyone who has ever contributed on this board. It made a difference. And I promise, I'll play a more active part in the future.

Here’s the link: http://www.cornerworksinc.com/airport.html

Thanks to all,

Bob in Phoenix

Follow Ups: