Re: Melia Azule

[ Follow Ups ] [ Home ] [ Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Sue from Wisconsin on July 06, 2001 at 22:19:31:

In Reply to: Melia Azule posted by Kathy in Canada on July 05, 2001 at 15:30:18:

Hi Kathy-We stayed at the Qualton right next door and I liked the beach. It isn't UGLY. I thought it was beautiful and quite interesting. It is a smaller stretch of beach. You can take water kayak and go over to Ixtapa island. The Melia and Qualton have soft sand to lay blankets in. At Melia they will pitch an umbrella and carry lounge chairs for you. The beach by the waves is a little darker sand and packed a little harder, which makes for easy walking. There are a lot of shells, so it was fun to walk in the mornings and do some shelling. If you go out early can walk down toward the Qualton and watch the pelicans diving into the water. Seems like there are 100s of them out in early a.m. Walk down even further on the beach and there is an open air market area where you can shop for souviners and get ice cream bars andn freeze pops. Directly outside the Qualton and the shopping area is a lagoon where there are crocodiles (spelling?). They are neat to see--so large. There is parasailing on the beach. The melia has what looks to be a huge water trampaline in the water that you can swim out to from the beach. To be honest, I've stayed in Ixtapa at the main beach and I thought the stretch of beach in front of Qualton and Melia was much more interesting. There is also horseback riding very close by.

Follow Ups: