Trip Report

[ Follow Ups ] [ Home ] [ Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Bonny from Calif on August 16, 2001 at 19:50:34:

My boyfriend did most of the planning for our trip, but I thought I'd post a report.
We were in Zihua the end of July. It was very hot and humid, but that just allowed us to spend a lot of time in the water. We stayed at Bungalows Ley on Madera Beach. We were a little disappointed upon arrival when we found out that we didn't get the room Gladys had confirmed via email. We ended up in #7 for the first night and then moved to #8 for the remainder of our stay. A good move as #7 is probably the least desireable of all rooms. (numbers 1 - 3 are recommended) The staff was very nice however and the rate was reduced a little for the inconvenience.
My boyfriend did a lot of snorkeling, while I spent most of my time under a palapa with a drink, reading my book. My idea of a relaxing vacation! The beach at Las Gatas was my favorite because of the calm water. Not being a strong swimmer, I felt safe to venture out. As many people here have mentioned, we had a great meal at Las Otilias (spelling?) and great service from Franco. We highly recommend it.
We ate at many great restaurants, our favorite being Casa Bahia. Good food and a great view of the bay. Also, Bandidos, La Bocana (great fruit juices by the pitcher!)and Pacolo (the owner sings and dances).
Thanks to Zihua Rob for suggesting Kaomycin (turista) and Autun (bug repellant). Both worked very well! And thanks to all for the numerous suggestions on this board.

Follow Ups: