Re: Puerta Del Mar

[ Follow Ups ] [ Home ] [ Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Janice in SF on August 26, 2001 at 12:22:26:

In Reply to: Puerta Del Mar posted by Trixie Loder on August 25, 2001 at 02:40:10:

While it has been about four years since my husband and I were there, I would agree that you should fully check out the room you are given before unpacking your luggage. We were in a total of three rooms until we ended up with one that had everything working -- it was late October, as I remember, and being back off the beach it would stay quite warm in the evenings. In the first unit the a.c. did not work in the bedroom and we didn't know until we came home from dinner quite late -- too late for the engineer. Then I think the next one didn't have a refrigerator that worked, and the whole idea was to be able to cook some of our meals. I would also agree that only maybe 10% of the rooms were occupied, so we couldn't figure out why it took so long to get a room with everything working. (AMERICANS!!!, I guess). But really, we're not that picky -- just wanted the basics. Other than that and the fact that it seemed quite a walk to the beach, it was a very nice place. But I think the whole reason for going to a coastal location is to hear the waves, and I wasn't aware then and no one told us about the beach chairs that Bret mentioned. We would have jumped at that. We ended up just taking taxis over to La Ropa lots and lots.

Follow Ups: